Sunday, April 17, 2011

No, the sun does not shine.

I hate waking up before 7.30. I do not feel re-freshed and 'ready to face the day'. Listening to birds chatter is a completely pointless exercise. There is no such thing as getting up on the right side of the bed. When I'm up early, my neck hurts, everything is blurry and I have this unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something's just plain wrong. That's my cue to think "there is no spoon" and "there is no morning commute".


Today I've washed my hands so often I've halved a brand new bar of soap and my palms are tender.


Sometimes I want to go back to the days when my biggest fear was Kevin and Kenneth calling me Aloma Paloma Drunkard Clown. And then I remember what it was really like in those days, being an awkward, bug-eyed kid who always said the wrong thing. Then again I still say all the wrong things. The difference is that now I don't even try to say the right things. Not always.

1 comment:

  1. Aloma Paloma Drunkard Clown is back to writing! Rejoice, World! :)

    ReplyDelete